How to Select a Venue for an Engagement Party Function Venue
An engagement party is a great way to share the news of your engagement with family and friends. Planning an engagement celebration is a great way to kick off the wedding planning process, and it will honor the bride and groom. Engagement parties can be large or small, casual or formal. You can hold them in your own home, at someone else’s home, at a restaurant, your place of worship, or in a location that specializes in parties and events. Select a venue for an engagement party after you determine your budget, the size of the guest list and whether you want to have a theme to the party. How to Select a Venue for an Engagement Party Function Venue
Melbourne Function Venue Steps:
1. Determine who will host the engagement party. — Function Venue Melbourne
If the bride and groom are throwing their own party, they will ultimately decide on the venue. If a friend or family member is hosting it, they should consult with the bride and groom on a place before finalizing any decisions..
2. Set a budget.– Function Venue Melbourne
Determine how much money can be spent on the party. This will help to narrow down the venue options.
- Remember that weddings can be very expensive, and if you save money now, you can spend more when you are planning the ceremony, reception, and honeymoon.
3. Determine how many people will be invited.– Function Venue Melbourne
Put together a preliminary guest list before you decide where to hold the engagement party.
4. Decide what kind of food and drink will be served.– Function Venue Melbourne
Look for a venue that can provide catering if you want to have a meal or appetizers served. How to Select a Venue for an Engagement Party Function Venue
- Talk to caterers who work with different venues in the area. They can provide menu ideas and price quotes for the venues you are considering.
- Think about your bartending needs if you will have a full bar at the party. You could also simplify the drink menu by offering beer and wine only.
5. Ensure Venue — Function Venue Melbourne
Make sure the venues you are considering are available on the day you plan to hold the engagement party.
6. Work around a theme, if you have one planned. — Function Venue Melbourne
For example, if the engagement party will have a beach or tropical theme, look for a restaurant or venue on the water.
- Take advantage of seasonal themes, if the engagement falls near a holiday. For example, a clambake on the beach might be great near a summer holiday, or a romantic and intimate get together would be good near Valentine’s day.
7. Consider using your own home or someone else’s home. — Function Venue Melbourne
This will save you more money.
8. Choose a bar or pub as a venue if you want an informal affair. — Function Venue Melbourne
You can provide finger foods and appetizers as well as drinks.
9. Select a function or reception hall. — Function Venue Melbourne
These places often offer full service party planning, including a staff of caterers, waiters, and bartenders.
10. Visit different places. — Function Venue Melbourne
Go to venues you are considering and talk to the staff about how parties are usually done at those establishments.
- Discuss what is required to book a date. Venues might require a deposit or ask that you guarantee a minimum number of guests before they will hold a date for you.
Melbourne Function Venue Tips:
- Ask your priest, minister, or rabbi if you can have your engagement party after religious services. Churches and synagogues often have their own caterers you can work with.
- Whichever venue you choose, you need to be realistic about everything for your engagement party.
- How to Select a Venue for an Engagement Party Function Venue